Sunday 15 July 2012

Nowhere in Sight

I spoke with sister yesterday.  I had to send her some money.  She is having difficult time getting the birth certificates and death certificate. She had to travel to Accra to get things moving but she didn't say at the end of it whether she had them or not.  I think we are at about 8 weeks of waiting for these documents.  Unfortunately,  the officials haven't been overly helpful even with the money she gave them.  She was quite upset about it all.  On top of that, the phone went dead and the line kept making a clicking sound.  With the bad connection and the accent, I couldn't understand the half of what she was saying.  I think my husband was snickering in the next room as I was yelling into the phone and saying, "Hello?  Hello?"  After the "conversation" my husband says, "Well, that went well."

I realize, through all this, it may well be into next year before we ever meet the girls.  And we still have to sit down with DH and discuss exactly what our plans are.  I just couldn't let sister travel all over for us and not have some funds to do so.   My mom is coming tomorrow  for a night and I am hoping that DH and I can go out for a date night and discuss some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment