Monday 1 August 2011

A Few Things

First off,  I finished Ray Guarendi's book.  It was great.  He is simple and to the point.  He doesn't make mountains out of molehills.  If you are considering adoption, it is well worth the read .  One thing he says is that the longer you wait to adopt the less likely it will happen. There is definitely something to be said for momentum.  When I look at my Lilypie sticker, I realize that it has been a month since we started and  we don't have much to show for it.  For me, this is a little discouraging.  Before we went on  holidays, I was so excited and motivated and now there is a bit of a lull.  However, we have done some paperwork like criminal record checks, reference letters.  Once we meet with the social worker, I think things will pick up a little, at least psychologically.

No comments:

Post a Comment