Sunday 7 August 2011

Garage Sale

We spent the weekend preparing our things for the garage sale.  It took some time to price items and sort through everything and ensure it was going to be displayed in a buy-worthy fashion down at the Quay. It was a lot of work but it is nice to know it is done and we can continue to work on our adoption courses.  I don't know how much we will gather in from our sale but at least we are creating some extra space in our home for eventual new little belongings.  Ben told me in jest that I won't be permitted near our garage sale because I will give our stuff away for cheap and he is going to make sure we don't undersell ourselves.  X's take on all of it,  "I don't want to sell our stuff."

I am trying not to think too much about the fact that I am selling all of X's things from when he was little.  It is a bit melancholic to think that a little baby will not pass by our door again but we had just five too many bins filled with baby stuff and what better time than now to rid ourselves of unnecessary things than when we are filled with the hope of buildin our family through adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment