Tuesday 6 December 2011

Adoption Application Saga

So I woke up at 3:30am this morning and called the Adoption Authority in Africa  This is how it went.

First call. 
Me: Hello.  Helloooo?

Line goes dead. I wait a few mins then call again.

Me: Hello?
G: Hello.
Me: My name is KC.  I am calling from Canada.
G: Oh yes. Let me get my boss.
G: Hello.
Me: Hello my name is KC.  I am calling from Canada.  We would like to adopt some twins from your country.
G:  Are you in 'Africa' now?
Me: No. No I am not.
G: Have you ever been to 'Africa'?
Me: No. I haven't.
G: Well you are going to have to come to 'Africa'.
Me: (Ignoring that) I need an adoption application.
G: From what region would you like to adopt?
Me: UW region.
G: UW region?
Me: Yes.
G: Well you will have to contact them in that region.
Me:  I would like to but I can't find a number for the Department of Social Welfare in that region.
G: We will look for the number.  Call us back in 10 mins.
Me: Ok. Thank you.

I call back in 10 mins. 

G:  We don't have the number yet.  Call back in another 10 mins.
Me: OK

I call back in another 15 mins.  Give them a bit of extra time.

G: We weren't able to get you the number.  It seems they have changed their numbers and we don't know how to get through.  You will have to get someone to go there and get the number.  Maybe the kids you want to adopt can go there? 

Me: OK ( I see there is no point in discussing any of this further). 

G: Will you invite me to come to Canada?

Me: Sure.  Anytime.

G: Great.  OK have a good time. 

Now I know she meant, "Have a good day."  But in light of the above situation, it is going to be a "good time" a helluva good time.  I mean what a great time to be having at 4am in the morning.

On another note, I have met a lady through my son's preschool who is a christian.  And today she told me many miracle stories about her life.  She says if you really believe, God will pave the way.  Though I know this, sometimes God sends us little reminders and speaks to us through the people in our lives.  And  I realized that I must begin praying in earnest for His guidance...whatever His will may be in all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment